- Boards & Commissions
- Planning Commission
Regularly scheduled for the 4th Wednesday of each month. The meetings are open to the general public and begin promptly at 7:00 p.m.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval by the Commission (generally at the following month's meeting)
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Deborah Abel, Chair
- Todd Asousa, Vice Chair
- Jeff Broadbelt
- Dante Bradley
- John Laumer
- Tim Kelly
- Bill Wrabley
About the CommissionThe Planning Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Board of Supervisors for four-year, staggered terms. Meetings and procedures are governed by the Municipal Planning Code of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as well as the Township Subdivision & Land Development Ordinance.
The Planning Commission reviews:
- Subdivision and Land Development Plans
- Conditional Use Applications
- Lot Line Changes
- Requests for Waivers
Steps to Follow When Submitting a Plan
Developers follow these steps when submitting a plan to the township:
- Presentation of proposal and drawings of sketch, preliminary or final plans to township staff
- Review of plans by Planning Commission at regular public meetings
- Presentation and open discussion
- Township engineer determines technical completeness
- Township manager and counsel determine code compliance
- Appeal to Zoning Hearing Board for variances
- Request policy or plan conformance review (if variances are granted)
- Return to Planning Commission, which makes recommendations to Board of Supervisors
- Submits final plan to Board of Supervisors for public hearing
Citizens Attending MeetingsBecause planning is a continuous process that shapes and guides the physical growth of East Whiteland in harmony with its social and economic needs, the Planning Commission encourages all residents to attend its meetings to express their views.
East Whiteland maintains a docket listing of development proposals under review.