Environmental Advisory Council
- 7:30 p.m.
- The 1st Thursday of each month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Virginia Pohlman, Chair
- Veronica Holmes, Vice Chair
- Laura Paolella, Secretary
- Jon Buzan
- Brough Richey
- Gary Sheridan
- Deborah Watkins
About the Council
The Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) provides advice to the Board of Supervisors and other Township boards and commissions, including, but not limited to, the Planning Commission and the Parks and Recreation Board. The EAC coordinates its activities with all appropriate agencies, boards and commissions.
The EAC has the following powers:
- To identify environmental problems
- To recommend plans and programs for the promotion and conservation of natural resources and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the Township's environment
- To make recommendations as to possible use of open land areas within the Township
- To promote a community environmental program
- To keep an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned, including, but not limited to, flood-prone areas, swamps and other natural areas with the Township and to obtain information on the proper use of such areas
- To advise the appropriate agencies, boards, commissions and elected officials of the Township in the acquisition of property, both real and personal, by gift, purchase, grant, bequest, easement, devise or lease in matters dealing with environmental issues.
The EAC also undertakes environmental tasks requested by the Board of Supervisors. These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical expertise on environmental aspects of subdivisions and land developments generally and providing environmental advice on specific projects or properties upon request of the Board of Supervisors or the Planning Commission
- Recommending plans and programs, including proposed ordinances or amendments to the ordinances of the Township, for the promotion and conservation of the natural resources of the Township and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment within the Township
- Exploring sources of funding, including, but not limited to, gifts and grants. The EAC consults with the Township Solicitor regarding legal implications connected with receiving funding from sources other than the Township